Friday, April 1, 2011

Showbiz newbie Carlos Diego Loyzaga joins ‘Mara Clara’

Carlos Diego Loyzaga, the son of Cesar Montano and Teresa Loyzaga, inked a three-year contract with ABS-CBN yesterday night, March 8, and his first project will be Mara Clara. The 15-year-old lad said that he is excited already to team up with Julia Montes, who plays Clara in the top-rating teleserye. Asked what Julia’s reaction was when they met, Diego joked, “She was happy that I’m taller.” Julia’s current onscreen partner, John Manalo (who plays Eris) is shorter than Julia. He continued that his conversation with Julia was short and pleasant.

He said that he is doing the necessary preparations for Mara Clara by taking acting workshops. He also added going into showbiz was his personal choice. “I enjoy acting po. At school, we have theater po, I really enjoy being part of it. That’s one of the reasons, besides my parents po, that I want to try if I am capable of being what they have achieved.”

Diego said that his contract with ABS-CBN is “organized” since he still goes to school. “They’ll be scheduling times when I can work and not work because of my school, so it’s very timed and organized po,” he said. He went on to say that the condition that his parents gave him in joining showbiz is that he will still prioritize his education.

Asked how it feels to be a new addition to the Kapamilya network, Diego said, “Terrific po, it feels really good po. I feel very welcome po, (people are) so nice and kind to me po and I’m very happy here po.”

Diego also revealed how he was able to convince his father to allow him to join showbiz. “I promises to him po if I join showbiz, school comes first. That was my promise to him and he’s really focused on me having good education that’s why I promised him if I join showbiz, school comes first.”

He shared that his mom and his dad oftentimes remind him that he should practice strict discipline now that he is part of showbiz. Diego also added that his mom Teresa often tells him that having a girlfriend should be set aside so that he can focus on his schooling and work.



Source: PUSH

No comments:

Post a Comment